Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Graphic Design 1 Learning outcomes


The Learning Outcomes for Graphic Design 1

Each course and modules have their own learning outcomes - something like a 'goal' for what to achieve. For Graphic Design 1, the learning outcomes are as follows:

1Be able to develop and process creative ideas from initial sketches through to finished printed resolutions.
I'm giving myself a questionnaire which I use it as my procedure to developing my mind. Those questions comes as that, who's my viewer, what is my message, what is the dimensions, I'm calculating the whole costs, the deadline to be completed, and the most important which I refer the original design to brainstorming with the new ideas.

2. Demonstrate imaginative and creative responses to given projects.
A tiny piece of shape or color will be sparking my idea that I can get it from reading a book. By just simply drawing anything that came crossed to my mind such shape, line, color  tone would be able to work out my imagination.

3. Be able to undertake visual research to support their ideas.
By visiting a studio or any gallery artwork. As my own favorite period of art and design history Art Deco or Pop Art, the Renaissance or Impressionism, advertising of the early 20th Century or Star Wars merchandise I would be inspired.

4. Recognize how their practices are pertinent to a wider cultural context.
It's essential that my work can be understood by people from various cultural backgrounds, even if my work conforms to my own culture - when people from other cultures can understand my work, the message I want to convey would be easy for them to grasp.

5. Be able to work safely and competently within a range of Graphic Design techniques and practices.
Safety first at all times. I might be required to handle materials or tools I probably have never even seen before in my work, and therefore safety (and knowing how to use them) are important for me.

6. Develop the use of these techniques within their own areas of study and interests.
My area of interest is Graphic Designer with photography, and through learning from this module.

7. Work safely in studios and workshops with a knowledge and practical understanding of health and safety issues.
Contemporary research in occupational health hazards has provided valuable information for people working in non-factory settings. Scientific studies have identified, described and analyzed chemical, physiological and mechanical factors that are harmful. These factors include toxins, fumes, irritants, noise and stress. Toxic substances in clays and glazes can harm the ceramic sculptor, as well as the production potter. Oil paint and solvents can irritate the skin, whether the individual is painting a design on a wooden chest or working on canvas. Anyone who does art or craft work must be sensitive to physical changes that may occur, such as dizziness, rashes, headaches, pains of any kind, nausea or respiratory ailments.

Some of the precaution that should be done, are;
1.  Never eat or smoke in the work area. Either activity can lead to ingestion or inhalation of material.
2.  Use tools and equipment according to intended functions.
3.  Use protective gear, such as a nose mask, to protect the respiratory tract and gloves to protect for the skin.
4.  Vacuum, rather than sweep, dusty workplaces.
5.  Store all liquids, particularly volatile solvents, in tightly capped containers

8. Work within a given time frame.
This module will have deadlines and I'm expected to meet them.

9. Contribute to group activities, i.e. seminars, critiques etc.

The module requires me to speak up and talk about topics relevant to the class, and be able to give critiques where needed. Brainstorming by gathering with my group of study will innovate me to come out with new idea, and by this people could give out any ideas which can give some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment